Wed, Nov 08|
Inaugural Miami Arbitration Week (MAW) Kickoff Event
Panel Discussion: Greener Grass or Scorched Earth: The Impact of Legislation and Court Reform on Arbitration Friendliness in the Americas | Cocktails and networking following the program.
Time & Location
Nov 08, 2023, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Hogan Lovells, 600 Brickell Ave suite 2700, Miami, FL 33131, USA
About the event
JAMS is a proud sponsor of Miami Arbitration Week taking place on November 8-15, 2023. JAMS will be partnering with the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators–North America Branch to present the Inaugural Miami Arbitration Week Kickoff Event on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 5:00 pm ET.
Inaugural Miami Arbitration Week Kickoff Event Hogan Lovells, 600 Brickell Avenue, Suite 2700, Miami, Florida Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 5:00 pm ET
5:00-5:30 PM Registration
5:30-5:40 PM Opening Welcome
- Ava Borrasso C.Arb, FCIArb, Vice Chair Membership Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, North America Branch, Borrasso Arbitration & DR
- Sherman Humphrey, Senior Global Practice Manager, JAMS
5:40-6:10 PM Keynote Address: James Hosking, Founding Partner, Chaffetz Lindsey - New York
6:10-7:15 PM Panel Discussion
Greener Grass or Scorched Earth: The Impact of Legislation and Court Reform on Arbitration Friendliness in the Americas Join us for a lively discussion and Q&A with global arbitral professionals to evaluate jurisdictional developments in cross-border arbitration in the Americas. Panelists will evaluate the great leaps and occasional stumbles that distinguish arbitral hot seats from the cold benches, as well as animate a roundtable on the legal developments, challenges & opportunities for international arbitration in the region.
- Gary Birnberg FCIArb, JAMS Arbitrator & Mediator
- Cecilia Flores Rueda, Founding Partner, FloresRueda Abogados - Mexico City
- Erica Franzetti, Partner, King & Spalding - Washington, DC
- Katherine Gonzalez Arrocha, Independent Arbitrator & Dispute Resolution Consultant - Panama
- Katharine Menendez de la Cuesta, Partner, Holland & Knight - Miami
7:15-7:25 PM Closing Remarks
- Richard Lorenzo, Regional Managing Partner – Americas, Hogan Lovells & Chair Miami International Arbitration Society
7:25 PM Cocktail & Networking